Take Time to Hire The Best Transportation for Your Special Event
As Springtime in Sonoma County approaches, more of us are starting to make vacation plans. While some locals are planning to enjoy summer breezes at the beach, others from less scenic areas and states are hoping to visit California’s beautiful Wine Country with dreams of tasting some of the many awe-inspiring wines our area has to offer.
Making arrangements for wine tasting can sometimes be quite a task, especially when you are planning on hiring a vehicle to get from winery to winery. To avoid a DUI and keep our roads safe for everyone, here are some tips on how to choose your transportation wisely.
1. What’s the occasion? Some limousine companies charge based on the type of event, and many have an hourly minimum, particularly on weekends.
2. Decide how many people are in your party, and about how long your group will need the vehicle. Passenger numbers can determine which type of vehicle would be most suitable for your party. Choose a vehicle that’s spacious enough to accommodate your group comfortably.
3. Keep value in mind, with a goal of getting the ideal service at a fair price. Try to stick to your budget while focusing on the quality of the experience you desire.
4. Choose the appropriate vehicle for the amount of people you have, whether it is for a wedding or simple airport transfer. That way, a reservationist is able to help you determine what vehicle would fit your needs. Ask questions about the difference between luxury transportation and standard transportation.
5. Don’t forget about safety! Legitimate limousine companies are registered with their state, and are current with the proper levels of insurance and licensing. Here is the link to the state website where you can find a searchable list of transportation companies: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/transportation/
6. Read as many reviews as you can about any and all companies you are considering. Also, check them out with the Better Business Bureau.
7. Ask your group about music preferences and beverage requests, and discuss these details when you call or email a transportation company. This helps the transportation professionals be sure they meet both your needs and your expectations.
8. Ask for a written agreement that spells out all the agreed-upon details. Each company has their own pricing policies. Many company offer all-inclusive hourly or flat rates, but some have additional fees on top of the regular price. Some providers include a chauffeur gratuity, while others leave the amount to you. It is customary to tip your chauffeur at least 20% of the total price.
9. Make sure you reserve your vehicle ahead of time. Most limousine companies book ahead of time. For a wedding, it is advised to book 12-18 months ahead, and for other events like prom, it is best to book at least a few months in advance. If you plan to visit for a major wine event, or during the crush season, you may want to reserve at least three months in advance for a weekend wine tour.
10. Select your limousine provider, get confirmation of your booking in writing or via email, and make sure that the confirmation includes a policy on cancellation.
11. Ask your selected provider how they will handle final confirmation of your service, and how you will connect with your chauffeur when your service begins.